To rack a breaker into service
1) Check that the following conditions are met;
A) The control handle (4) is in the 'FREE' position.
B) The carriage-locking handle (1) is in the 'FREE' position.
C) The breaker is in the 'OFF' position.
D) The closing spring is discharged.
E) The Maint / Remote switch is in 'Maint' position.
F) The close circuit has been isolated using fuse FS2.
G) The spring winding motor has been isolated using fuse FS3.
H) The circuit & busbar shutters are free to operate.
I) The shutter actuators on the carriage are in good condition.
2) Appropriate Arc Flash PPE should now be worn.
3) Move the selector device (3) to the 'SERVICE' position.
4) Insert the carriage into the housing.
5) Turn the carriage-locking handle (1) to the locked position.
6) Ensure that the locking bolt goes fully into position.
7) Fit the portable winding device to the breaker.
8) Rotate the handle clockwise and raise the breaker approximately 25mm.
9) Turn the control handle (4) clockwise to the 'READY TO LOCK' position.
10) Continue raising the breaker until the isolator interlock bolts engage.
11) The control handle (4) will move automatically round to the 'LOCKED' position.
12) All the circuits will now be engaged and the breaker ready for service.
10) Replace fuses FS2 & FS3. The closing spring will automatically charge up.
11) Return the Maint / Remote switch to 'Remote' position.
12) Arc Flash PPE may now be removed.