There is currently no specific legislation that requires employers to assess the risk of arc flash from their electrical apparatus. An employer however, does have general duties to provide safety from danger arising to their employees under;
Under this legislation an employer must remove all hazards so far as is reasonably practicable. Where this is not possible, an employer must provide protective equipment to their employees to protect them from the hazards that remain.
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992
- The Electricity Safety, Quality and Continuity Regulations 2002